Frequently Asked Question's
What is required for a Web Site?
- A Web Site requires three things:
1. Domain name
- Example: your-website.com
2. Web Server or Web Hosting Package
- Your computer running web server software (Just remember all the hackers and virus will be coming to your computer)
- Or a Web Hosting Package, this is a web hosting company similar to godaddy.com
- We can host your web site on the same web hosting company that we use.
3. Web pages
- Hand coded HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) pages to format your data
- Website templates & CMS (Content Management System) to handle the formatting of your data
What is a website template?
- A Website template is software that handles the formatting and displaying of your data, graphics and images. This is what give your website is style, look and feel. Using templates allows the style of your website to be changed very quickly, without having to hand code every page. We feel this also gives your website a constant look through out the site.
What is a CMS (Content Management System)?
- A CMS is the software that handles all the request for data, graphics and images, using templates for the website.
What software do you use?
- We use Joomla for the CMS (content management system). Joomla is an open source solution that is free.
- We use Joomla and Virtuemart for the eCommerce web sites. Virtuemart is an open source solution which is also free.
What is a Intranet Web Site?
- A intranet web site is used to securely share any part of an organization's information within that organization. This information is not accessible from the internet, unless it is specifically allowed by the organization to select group. Internet technologies are often deployed to provide modern interfaces to legacy information systems hosting corporate data. This allows a centralized point to organize information, polices, training, drawings for an organization, news, meetings, etc.
What if I need a different category or more pages for my website?
- We will gladly help you figure out what you need and answer all your questions.
- Please contact us:
- Phone: 804-814-4073 or 570-436-6731
Can I update or add pages to my website myself?
- You can update all content of you webpage and add whatever content you would like to.
- We will provide training videos illustrating all of the necessary functions for you to update or add to your website.
Will I be able to see my website before it goes live on the web?
Yes, we will have you approve your website before it is live on the web. We will send you a link to the completed production web site for your review and to ensure that it meets your specifications, before it is place live on the web.
What happens if something happens to my website?
- We have a backup copy of your website as we design it.
- If we are maintaining your website, we will have a backup copy from the last maintenance and will be able to restore your website to that state, once the web server or web hosting company has fixed the problems.